HOW TO APPLY
Classical Bridge Academy is Open to All Instrumentalists and Ensemble Players for All Ages.
The Academy takes place at Merkin Concert Hall at Kaufman Center, 129 West 67th Street, next to Lincoln Center in the heart of Manhattan.
All application materials should be submitted through online application:
- A list of works you would like to play in your lessons/master classes
- Your performance link (Youtube, website, Vimeo)
- A copy of applicant’s birth certificate, passport or any other official document establishing the identity and the age of the applicant
- A non-refundable application fee of $80/$150 (Individual/Ensemble) by Jan 31, 2018 ($100/$200 by March 5, $130/$250 by May 30)
- Information on your education- schools, teachers, mentors and any other specialty
Application will be reviewed, and we will confirm your participation two weeks after each deadlines.
Applicants below the age 18 must accompany parents or a guiding person throughout the whole period of the festival.
Each participating musician will receive the following benefits during the participation of Classical Bridge:
1. Three one-hour lessons with Classical Bridge faculty members: For faculty information click on the following link: https://www.classicalbridge.org/faculty/
Write down the name of the faculty you would like take lessons from in the online application form (option one to three)
** Violinist Ivry Gitlis is only giving two master classes, and the master classes will be limited to those selected violinists based on audition performance links.
** Conductor/violinist Gabor Takacs-Nagy will be teaching ensemble groups only. If you are not a pre-formed ensemble group, you may also submit your wish to perform with other instrumentalists for his lessons or master classes.
2. Master Class – selected individuals and/or groups - for Ivry Gitlis (Violin), Gabor Takacs-Nagy (Ensemble), Yong Hi Moon (Piano), Alexander Fiterstein (Clarinet), Phillip Kawin (Piano)
3. Introduction to music industry leaders (Free pass to all panel discussions, pre-concert talks and concerts ) such as record label producers, editors of major music magazines, artistic assistant director of Carnegie Hall, managers and publicists. See full list of our panelists: https://www.classicalbridge.org/panelists/
4. Active participation in the group discussion with panelists. One industry panelist per a group up to 10 participating musicians will lead a discussion in which musicians can actively involve themselves with practical questions and advice in their career making
5. One-on-one career advice session – sign up for one-on-one career advice session (20 min) with a panelist you would like to get advice from.
6. Steinway Piano Factory Tour/Carnegie Hall Tour
7. Performance at Steinway Hall in New York
8. Free pass to Modern Art Museum in New York
DEADLINES & TUITION
Academy Application Deadlines
Tuition & Scholarships
January 31, 2018
March 5, 2018
May 30, 2018
Due one month after a participation confirmation
- A partial and a full scholarship is available. Scholarship will be decided based on the applicants’ submitted performance links.
- If you would like to apply for a scholarship, please indicate in the application
- Once you have your confirmation from us by email, your tuition is due in one month
Tuition should be remitted by a check or to the following bank via wire transfer:
Bank name: Citibank USA
Name: New York Concert Artists & Associates
Account number: 4978102748
Swfit Code: CITIUS33
Routing number: 021000089
Address: 101 West End Avenue, Suite 16G, New York NY 10023, USA
Classical Bridge will recommend hotels, inexpensive house stays, shared rooms for the participating applications.
The rate will vary depending on your request as low as $50 per night.
On your request, we will send the accommodation listing to you. We recommend to book them as early as possible as August in New York is a high season. If you would like to ask us for help, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org